Em’s Power Cookie Cardiovascular Finalist 2014
Horleys Overall Body Shape Change Finalist 2014
Diamond Mine Overall Entrant Finalist 2014
Excerpts from Mandy’s report written by her personal trainer:
Category 1 – Best Overall Body Change
Wow Mandy has shrunk 2+dress sizes, is leaner, toned looking healthy and happy.
- Mandy put on nearly 1kg of lean muscle and lost 10.6kg of weight.
- That is around 14% of positive body composition change including reducing deep body fat nearly 9%, gained 4% further bone density and also gained 2% lean muscle.
- Real age test – Mandy is now is impressively 17 years younger after 20 weeks.
- Mandy lost over 1 metre off her girth measurements, losing a whopping 102cm.
- Mandy is over 12% smaller everywhere. Including 14% off arms, over 12% off chest, 10% off both shoulders and hips, 16cm or 17% off her waist, an 26cm or 22% off abdomen
- Sum of 4 skinfold measures see skinfolds down 8.6%.
- Mandy can do 30 press-ups 17 of which are full previously 3 from knees.
- Prone hold time is 855% better that’s 2.5mins longer, wall squat is 653% better 3.5mins longer and Mandy is 800% stronger at 1min crunch tests – strong is the new skinny!
Category 6 – Best change in Cardio Fitness
Mandy is noticeably fitter, as shown in the testing, please refer to the cardio charts for detailed results.
- BP has dropped from high 140/106 to normal 119/86
- Resting pulse is 23% lower
- Queens step test showed an improvement from poor to good
- VO2 maxi from the Rockport 1.6km walk test improved from VO2 of 25 average to 39 excellent that was an improvement of 46% fitter and nearly 2.5mins faster to complete the test.
- VO2 testing via life fitness treadmill saw an improvement of nearly 20% with measures of VO2 at 31 ‘fair’ improve to 37 ‘ very good ‘
- Mandy knows she is fitter/faster getting around her Queenstown Hill walk on time trial 58% faster in 20 weeks from 90min to now 52mins…48mins shaved off …a huge difference.
- Mandy had started a run improvement program at week 15 and meet the criteria of managing 8km’s at the end of 20 weeks. Mandy is now training for her 1st ever half marathon…. A long term dream on her bucket list.
|Client Self Ratings||Start||Finish||Change|
|Happiness[i] (1-10)||5||8||60% happier|
|Body Image[ii] (1-10)||1||6||500% better|
|Stress[iii] (1-10)||5||3||40% less stressed|
|Sleep (hrs per night)||5||6||20 % better|
|Sleep (wakings per night)||2.5||2||20% Sleep deeper|
|Motivation||1||7||600% Heaps more motivated|
|Pain levels esp back||10||1||90% better Virtually pain free|
|Fitness||1||7||600% Feeling fit getting run fit now|
|Energy levels||1||10||900% Bring it on lots++|
|Headaches average week||7/7 and 2xday||1/7||600% improved|
|Impedance Scales||Start||Finish||Total Change||% Change||Healthy Range[i]|
|Body Fat %||43.4||34.9||–8.5%||-8.5%||19-28|
|Body Fat (kg)[ii]|
|Lean Muscle %||26.8-31.3[iii]|
|Lean Muscle (kg)[iv]||45.0||45.9||+0.9||+2%|
|Cardio vascular||Start||Finish||% Change||Healthy Range|
|Blood Pressure (mm Hg)||140/106||119/86||120/80 +/-10|
|Resting Pulse (beats per minute)||79 bpm||51 bpm||-22.8% better-||60-80[i]|
|Queens College 3 minute step test||Start||Finish||% Change||Healthy Range|
|Pulse at 15sec||147||120||+18.4% fitter||[ii]|
|Rockport 1.6km walk testTested: Track||Start||Finish||% Change||Healthy Range|
|VO2 (ml/kg/min)||25.2average||36.96excellent||VO2 +11.7 ml/kg/min 46% fitter||27+[iii]|
|Strength Test||Start||Finish||Total Change||% Change||Healthy Range|
|1 Minute push-ups||9 knees0 full||30 (17full +13 knee)||+21||+233% stronger|
|Prone hold max time (min:sec)||18 sec knees||2 min 52sec(1min 1 sec full)||+154 sec longer||+855.5% longer|
|Wall squat hold (min:sec)||32||4 min 1 sec||+209 sec||+653%|
|1 min crunches (fingers to knees)||3||27||+24||+800% more|