We’ve helped thousands of people to lose weight and get healthy, but that’s just the beginning!
Whether you are chasing more energy, less back pain, want to run 5km or a marathon, overcome an injury, learn to swim, quit smoking, sleep better or learn pole dancing, we’ve got your covered.
- Over 97% of our entrants regard themselves as successful*
- 98% of entrants recommend the 20 Week Challenge™*
- There are hundreds of testimonials and stories on our website
- We’re into our 14th series! And we’ve grown EVERY year!
Why we are successful.
- The Starters Guide.
Available from April 1st, this will ensure you start off on the right foot with our proven tips and tricks to ensure you get the most our of your 20 week journey.
- Winners Guide.
Each week from May 1st you will receive a chapter to our Winner’s Guide, making it easy to learn and apply key principles about what it takes to succeed.
- Your own Personal Trainer (PT).
Over 120 PTs have helped support our entrants, many of whom have been judged the best of the best in the fitness industry. This is a truly unique piece in the jigsaw of this challenge. Add to that, ALL our PTs are registered with member bodies of ICREPs.
- You can do activities you enjoy.
Train at home, in a gym, cycling, swimming, dancing, walking the dog, you choose and if you’re not sure what those activities are , we’ll help you find them, another very unique feature of our challenge.
- We don’t support extremities.
There’s no crazy diets or exercise regimes here.
- We are not a façade for any products or services.
We don’t sell shakes, supplements, bed covers, ab rollers or anything for that matter. We take no commissions or payments from any companies or individuals including personal trainers. Accordingly, we are well placed to present research in an unbiased way without fear of upsetting investors, publishers, etc so we can indeed be 100% about your success.
How it works
- Pick what categories you want to enter. We have 25 of them!
- Find a personal trainer (PT) They’ll do your assessments and you’ll check in with them at least once every four weeks, and a minimum total of five times.
- Start From May 1st, you have 20 weeks to excel in the categories you’ve chosen. We’ll send you a Starter’s Pack a month before to help you get ready and then from May, weekly tips, quizzes, games, plus three solo challenges and three team challenges to jump in on – all optional but all designed to help you enjoy the journey and cross the finish line a winner. If you’re a keen bean you can also enter the Early Starters Challenge from January 14th.
- Win Once all the results are in we’ll announce winners each night at 7.30pm NZ time from Sunday 22nd October to Saturday October 28th. All the winners will then go in a draw for cash prizes.
Nb:All entrants and trainers are encouraged to have a Facebook account to be involved in the 2017 Challenge.
Date & Costs
- May 1st 2017 is the official start date and we finish on September 17th.
- January 14th 2017 entries open and we also open up the Early Starters Challenge for extra keen beans.
- Entry fee NZ$129 . Pay just NZ$99 before midnight April 1st, 2017
- Click here for more deals, discounts and freebies
Included in your entry fee:-
- The Winner’s Guide – which includes the ‘Starter’s Pack’ with fitness testing templates as well as hot tips to help you prepare for the journey plus 20 chapters, delivered to you weekly, filled with proven tips and tricks to get you across the finish line and recommended by 99% of our entrants*
- Cash prizes derived from a percentage of all entry fees.
- PLUS lots of crazy fun opportunities to help you enjoy your journey and succeed.
Entrants pay their PT directly for any PT sessions. Costs can vary greatly but most entrants, even those on a tight budget, can usually be catered for. For more details about the PT costs and side of things click here.
What costs you won’t have
You don’t need to buy supplements, weird fitness gizmo’s, pre-packed meals or infomercial thingies. You don’t have to join a gym, hire or buy home fitness equipment. Sometimes some of those things can be helpful but it’s totally up to you. We don’t sell any of them and don’t receive commission from the sale of any.
Let’s get started
Step 1. Pick your categories
Choose two categories from the following list of 13 that best match your health and fitness goals and tick them on your entry form.
You’ll have the opportunity to change categories up until 3 weeks after the start date.
Desire a shapely waist or an envious six pack? Then choose this as one of your categories. Also a goody for people that want to focus on their pelvic floor strength.
Feel up for climbing 20 mountain peaks in 20 weeks? Kayaking the Abel Tasman? May jump out of planes and off buildings and bridges? This category is for entrants who are keen to embark on unusual and exciting or daring experiences.
A great one for entrants who want to take up tight rope walking, or who just want to not fall over when they stand on one leg.
Haven’t done anything fitnessy for a while? Want to go from being a walker to a runner, hike happily up hills or just not puff going up stairs? Then this is the category for you.
If you’d love to touch your toes or maybe touch your ears with your toes then enter this category.
6. Lower Body
From butt to big toe this is the category for those yearning for a fab set of pins and a great toosh.
We regard this as one of our very hardest categories to put your hand up for! Getting fabulous improvements can be very motivational but what happens when it’s time to just maintain those great results. This category acknowledges the challenges of staying on track.
8. Strong (wo)man
If your dream is to lift, push or pull a 747 or just to lift more than you already do then this is the category for you.
Been competing in events for a few years? Already have great cardiovascular and/or strengths levels from years of training? Know how to eat and recover well and want to focus on personal bests, longer distances and/or harder events? Then this is the category for you.
10. Upper Body
For the entrant who is chasing stronger, more toned shoulders, back, chest and arms.
11. Rocking the Recovery
For those who in the process of recovering from an injury during the challenge. It may be that you come in with an injury or have an operation/set back mid-challenge that you need to recover from. A great one to help people stay motivated and on track with their rehab by entering this category. This is also the only category that you can change into at any point during the challenge.
12. Skill Me Up
Keen to take up a new activity? Surfing, tennis, karate, bowling, gymnastics, pole dancing or sailing maybe? Whatever it is, see how good you can get at in 20 weeks to be in to win this one. The only rule is the activity needs to be new-ish to you (i.e. you haven’t done it more than 2 or 3 times) and you’re keen to get good at it.
13. Entrants Choice
For entrants who have health and fitness goals not covered by our other categories like improving their agility, or the speed at which they can bowl a cricket ball or coping with mental health issues, overcoming addiction, improving their blood pressure, cholesterol levels or confidence. You name it and we’ll take it.
All entrants are also automatically entered in to the following three overall categories.
A. Overall Body Change
Awarded to an entrant who has experienced all over positive changes in shape, fitness, strength, body fat, muscle, posture, health – the whole kit and kaboodle!
B. Overall Lifestyle Change
Make positive changes to your overall lifestyle and you’ll also be in to win this one.
C. Overall Entrant
Given to an entrant who gives the challenge their all and really embraces the 20 Week Challenge™ philosophy.
Step 2: Optional Categories
All entrants, in addition to entering their two chosen categories, are eligible to enter as many of these categories as are are applicable to their situation. Just tick the boxes on the full entry form we send you.
1. Best Buddies
For great friends who want to support each other on their 20 Week Challenge™ journey, whether that’s by training together or competing against each other!
For entrants who are couples, either married or de-facto, who support each other on their 20 Week Challenge™ journey, whether that’s by training together or competing against each other! Couples award tips.
3. Early Starters
If you don’t want to wait until May 1st to start on your health and fitness journey then you can get going any time from January 14th 2017 to be in to win this category. Simply fill out the entry form to recieve the testing template and have your Personal Trainer fitness assess you and you’re good to go.
4. My Pet and Me
For entrants keen to train with their pet.
5. New Mums
For mums who have had a baby in the 24 months before May 1st, 2017.
For entrants 65 years and over as of June 30th, 2017
7. Team Challenge
For teams of between 4 and 7 entrants, who all train with the same PT and who complete the 3 fun Catch Fitness ‘mini – any one can do – team challenges’ that we toss out during the 20 Week Challenge™.
8. Workplace Angel
Recognizing our work affects our health and vice versa this category is for those wanting to challenge themselves to be healthier at work and help others to be too.
For entrants under 16 years of age as of September 18th, 2017.
Step 3: Enter
- Enter here.
- If you do not receive a reply within 24hrs asking you to confirm your email and then sending you a copy of your entry form, huge apologies. Please email us email@example.com directly to sort you out.
- Pay the entry fee, anytime before April 1st to score the Early Bird Rate.
- On April end we send all entrants the online Starters Pack.
Step 4: Choose a Personal Trainer
Ideally contact a personal trainer as soon as possible so they can plan your fitness testing and programme if need be. Click here to find out more about how to find a Personal Trainer.
Click here to go to our FAQ page or give us a call on 0800 000 929 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Talk to a past entrant
Most past entrants are very happy to share their story, give you ideas on how to have an awesome journey and reassure you about the role of the PTs if you’re a bit nervous or unsure about that aspect. Drop us a line and we’ll hook you up with one.
Ready to get started
Click here to enter and we’ll put you in the draw to win our monthly $50 voucher to put towards your entry fee.